1. What I thought was Cream of Wheat was actually sausage gravy. We aren't in California anymore.
2. We left our memory foam in Wakeenie, Kansas. Sounds like a song, right? Seriously, it held 947 gallons of water (big cooler chest) and would never have dried.
3. There are museums everywhere! Oz, Eisenhower, auto racing, combat air museum, agriculture hall of fame, museum of museums. I lied; made the last one up.
4. Did you know Topeka means "place to dig potatoes"? Also Brown vs Board of Education site. I bow.
5. Kansas City, here we come! Pee-pets-palate. Jacob Loose Park for the dogs. I mean, it was so the dogs could walk. Not that it was...you know. Never mind.
Now this is the best! Gates Barbecue! Bill had had it at a conference. Of course we had to stop for lunch.
And finally, a stop for a new camping mattress. Two conditions of this trip: comfortable bed and no tornados. Fail.
6. Back roads are better than highways. Not the Deliverance kind but those that line little towns.
7. Camped at Long Branch State Park in Missouri. Beautiful reservoir. Crowds are gone. $13 bucks! Complete with view, misquitos, and leftover dinner. Perfect evening. Fireflies!!!!!
8. New bed is comfortable. All snuggled in. Pups snoring. "Bill, what's that on your leg?" A tick. And then another. And then...ticks all over. Dead ticks. Dead ticks in the bed and on the pillows. Thank you Frontline!!!! Could have been worse. Dodgers could have lost.
9. Hubcap gone with the wind.
10. 477 miles. 40 mpg.