1. Left our beautiful site and hit highway 6. Bill said he saw turtles on his walk. Big turtles. I think he lied.
2. Why do groundhogs cross the road? Getting out of the way of the mighty Prius. Seriously groundhogs crossing the road. We ARE near Puxatawney.
3. There are no motorcycle helmet laws in Pennsylvania! Sheesh!
4. Drove through the Allegheny National Forest. I expected conifers but there were few. Lots of little towns with bundles of wood in front of houses. Honor system. Five bucks a bundle. Nice.
5. Franklin, PA! This is where Mike's mom Mandy grew up. Beautiful town on the river. Pristine park by the river. Callie went for a swim and washed off the paint she "acquired" during the apartment priming. Good dog exercise! Uh, and boys too.
6. Drive by before the storm. How cute is that girl?
7. Okay, we see this. And then it starts to come down. The radar shows we are entering the red zone. Four inches dump from the sky. Over 30 cars pull over with hazard lights. Crazy. Just crazy. Flood warning. Flash floods. Last photo is when we came out of the zone. We all agree we've never seen so much rain. Ever.
8. Dry and Greek dinner. Pouring outside. Too wet for dog walks. We hit 4,000 miles today. 420 miles today. 46.8 mpg.