1. Mike got his rental car and organized for his stay in Minneapolis. Sophie repacked the car after leaving three tons of labels and packaging for the rolling pins. Think her mileage will improve?
2. Went to Empire Coffee and Bakery for breakfast. The best coffee in two weeks! Sublime. These things are important. Said goodbye to Michael, picked up Lebanese to have for dinner, and headed out. We will miss him.
"Gun Range and Kennel" yikes
"Minnesota Honky Tonk: rednecks and longnecks"
"Frazee: Home of the world's largest turkey."
4. Cell towers have become a part of the landscape. Don't know how I feel about this.
4. Saw 9,999 lakes in Minnesota. Must have miscounted.
5. Beautiful grassy farms.
6. We hit 5,000 miles!
7. Another dog park, this time in Fargo, North Dakota. Speaking of Fargo, it is absolutely filled with big box stores and every store you can imagine. Canadians come here to shop. Francis McDermott is nowhere in sight, nor is there any snow. Kind of disappointed.
They look like m&ms.
7. Bill and I finally worked on communication. "Slow down!!!" does not mean he is driving like a maniac (well, sometimes it does). It means I need to take a picture of the space alien restaurant next to highway.
Now I say "Picture!" So he doesn't think he's in trouble. I save "slow down!!!" for when he's truly driving like a maniac. Oh, and that grunt really does mean he heard me. Lastly, because we are both deep in our thoughts while we drive, we need to preface our comments with "hey, you know what?" so that we have time to come out of our thoughts and listen. Much better than having to repeat. It only took 3,000 miles for us to figure it out. Well, that and almost 38 years of marriage.
8. 235 miles and 50 mpg. Boom! Walkie Talkies are a necessity when traveling in tandem. Plus they make you feel like a kid.