1. Rained last night but we were cozy!
2. After passing humongous farms...Bill: Do you think farmers ever wake up and think "Where the hell did I leave my tractor?"
3. We are poppin' along the flat landscape of South Dakota and go over a hill. In front of us is the most beautiful gorge with the Cheyenne River at the bottom. Green, lush, and stunning. And why didn't I take a pic?
4. It's all bad from here. And that's good. Badlands. Best decision ever for so many reasons.
5. Looked at the map and found another road. Beautiful and windy and then we found ourselves on a dirt road with a higher speed limit than in the park. We were in the middle of cows. Lots of cows. Playful cows. Best part of the day. Might Prius and Honda CRV powered through the mud. So much fun!
6. Mt. Rushmore. Hilarious. I think the presidents were laughing too! This is what we saw.
7. Keystone is so tacky!
8. Drive to Deadwood. It's as muddy as the TV show. Kinda cute. Saloons. Brick buildings. Nicest people ever at Hidden Valley Campground. So wet. It's rained there every day. Added a few pounds of mud to the car. No bugs. Great people.
9. And then there was a dinosaur. Of course.
10. 396 miles. 45 mpg.