1. Misquitos DO matter. Expletive.
2. Dark skies arising. Blasted out of camp. Why are there so many RV places near the border?
3. No explanation needed!
4. Lots of time to think on the road. Rounds hay bales and rectangular hay bales. Rock towers.
Firefighters prepping for action. Bridge spans. Patterns of rock screens near slides. My swollen mosquito-bitten ankles. My toe prints on the windshield.
6. Terrible road to Fort Bragg. Too long. Too crookedy. Too everything. Picked up chowder for dinner. Camped at McKerricher Campground. Too crowded. Too dirty. $43. Too expensive. Time to go home?
7. Drought is obvious in California. Dry creek beds. Dry trees. Sad. Scary.
8. Sophie: I haven't showered since South Dakota.
Me: me too!
Sophie: No, Mom. You showered in Wyoming!
Me feeling superior:oh, that's right!
Sophie: Wait!! I don't think I've brushed my HAIR since South Dakota!
9. 415 miles. 51.1 mpg.