1. I don't know why the last post was wonky. Oh well. You get the gist. Apologies.
2. Went over Winter Park Peak Pass before Denver. Magnificent. 11,282 ft. As you can see, we are not shying away from the roads we love. Snowed again.
3. Okay. Here we go. Adventure. Headed east on 70 and saw this. No problem.
4. Warning pops up on phone. We are headed on 36, a smaller road. Cars pull off. We park by a brick gas station. Rain is pounding. I look behind. We're next to a trailer park. Bad juju. Tornado is close. Dogs are asleep. Rain lets up and cars start to leave. Driving along and the road is covered with hail. Sign in the distance. It's where the tornado sat down. Sheesh. More hail. More rain.
5. We are clear. Tiny high school in the middle of nowhere. Sign in front says "Congratulations Ted and Dylan." I thought MY high school was small!
6. Kansas isn't flat. It's all relative.
7. Looked at Prairie Dog State Park. Beautiful but storms coming. A little freaked out. Plus, the cooler chest tipped over and our bedding is wet. Kinda funny. Yay for hotels with dryers. Wakeensie Kansas. 525 miles today!!!!! And lots of respect for the weather. The dogs are incredible.